When time is of the essence this holiday season
We live in a fast paced world – where every minute of your 24-hour day counts. With the year-end holiday season in full swing, you might feel like you “have so much to do in so little time”, as you try fit in as much as you can before you take your much needed break.
The good news is that you have exactly 1 440 minutes in your day to check items off your to-do-lists before going on holiday. All you need to do is take a step back from your busy schedule and prioritise what needs to be done to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
A great way of doing this, is breaking your day up into specific “minutes” and setting a goal for yourself to complete something worthwhile during that period. Take 10 minutes for instance – initially it may seem like there is barely much that you can accomplish during that time, however, there is so much that you can get through such as checking that your vehicle’s important components are in good working order. Not only will this save you time in the long run, but it will also ensure that you have a smooth trip and are on the right side of the law.
Before you start your travels this holiday season, here are a few important things to look out for – helping you save time and money:
- Measure your tyre tread (in South Africa the legal tread depth is 1.6mm) by using an easy-to–use tread depth gauge. Take the time to check that your wheels are aligned and that the wheel nuts are fastened – tightly. It is also important that you pack a spare wheel with the right tread and pressure.
- In some parts of the country, summer brings the rain – which is why your windscreen wipers need to be in good working condition. Replace the rubber if it is worn, and also ensure that you have enough window washing liquid.
- To ensure that you maintain high visibility on the roads, check that your head lights, break lights, fog lights, indicators and hazard lights have the correct level of brightness to prevent distracting other drivers.
- Keep an emergency tool kit and jack in your car, in the unfortunate event that you experience a break down in the “middle of nowhere”. However, before you pack the jack, spare a few minutes to check that it is in working order.
- Repair any windscreen cracks, as these can distract you when driving and visit your local petrol station for an oil and water check to avoid your engine overheating on your journey.
- If your car has been giving you problems, don’t use it for your road trip, as this can result in a disaster.
Every minute of your day counts, so choose to spend your time doing the things that are important like doing a thorough vehicle inspection before pressing play on your holiday travels.
In addition to checking that your vehicle is roadworthy, it is also important that you spare a few minutes to check that your Beame device- an important element of your vehicle – is in working condition before you leave for your holiday. Contact us here to check that your Beame is fully functional – it will only take a short few minutes.
Beame, will be taking care of your stolen vehicle recovery needs and giving you the confidence to go out and enjoy your holidays – knowing that your vehicle’s security is taken care of.
‘Til next time