Did you know that on average, 147 vehicles and motorcycles are reported stolen each day? In fact, national crime statistics reveal that 16,717 cars were stolen from April 2016 to March 2017, up from 14,602 reported in the previous 12 months. Considering these startling statistics, it is evident that we need to look at a number of aspects that not only ensure our own personal safety, but the security of our assets as well.
Just like the contents of your home are insured should something go wrong, it’s critical that we look at keeping our vehicles protected as well. And while insurance goes a long way to do just that, making sure you have preventative measures in place to recover your vehicle should you become a victim of a hijacking/stolen vehicle situation, is imperative. If you think about it – you’ve worked hard to get that vehicle, perhaps it’s the only mode of transport for the family or perhaps it’s your only means of income – so mitigating potential loss by providing an option for recovery, can go a long way to providing peace of mind.
We believe that it is not impossible for one to be overly prepared – prevention is always better – and having a plan of action to assist you in a time of need is the best way you can protect yourself and your vehicle. Beame has one of the highest recovery rates in the industry and there are a few important points that you need to remember about your solution:
Beame is not only for your vehicle, but you can install it in any mobile asset – from motorbikes and quad bikes to trailers and caravans. Beame also comes with:
- National network coverage: The device is active at all times and transmits signals to the National Control Centre, ready to locate your vehicle anywhere across the country.
- Dedicated recovery teams: Beame has one of the highest recovery rates in the industry fuelled by our team of skilled agents located nationally, dedicated to finding your vehicle.
- Free recovery: In the unfortunate event of your vehicle being hijacked or stolen, there are no additional fees or hidden costs to recover your vehicle.
- Fits into your lifestyle: With its smart wireless technology, it’s quick to install, making it easy to hide in any type of vehicle. What’s more, this lightweight device comes with a lifetime warranty. It’s powered by a battery that lasts for a minimum of 3 years, after which we’ll replace it for you –free of charge.
You’ve got the device but now you need the app. Beame’s innovative Smartphone app also provides added convenience at your fingertips. Available for both iOS and Android, the app enables you to check on your unit’s status, report a stolen vehicle, and request your insurance certificate and more.
With the advances in technology, there is little reason you should not have a stolen vehicle recovery device installed in all your mobile assets. Moreover, even if you do, we do not want you to have to use it, so keep the following tips in mind to keep you and your family safe while driving:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times, take note of vehicles travelling in front of- or behind you to make sure that no one is tailing you.
- Always keep a safe following distance to give you room to move or escape should you find yourself in a compromising position.
- If possible, make sure that you park your vehicle near security cameras – not only does this sometimes deter thieves, but this may be able to assist the police in the investigation process should your vehicle be stolen.
- Make sure you look around your vehicle after parking it or before getting in to ensure that no suspicious characters are lurking around.
- Never leave your keys in the ignition when opening the gate to your house in case you have been followed home.
It’s always important to be safe and while circumstances of this nature are unpredictable, there are a few tips and tricks you can use to make sure you and your vehicle are protected, and should your asset become a statistic, make sure the recovery process is an option.