Spreading the love is all about showing the ones around you that you care. And if you love your car, it is included – after all, it gets you from A to B and it sees you on your good and bad days.
Here are a few ways to show your car some love:
- Get a valet – the easiest way to show your car some love is to get it cleaned. Sure, a good ‘wash and go’ can do the trick, but if you really want to show some love, get a full valet, with a polish, wax and full inside clean and vacuum – it really makes a difference not only to keeping your car looking great but for a more enjoyable driving experience too.
- Change your oil – regular oil and oil filter changes are critical, especially with the changing weather conditions as it helps to lubricate the engine ensuring optimal efficiency for your car and your fuel bill.
- Rotate, align and balance your tyres – you may check your tyre pressure regularly, but every 10 000 – 15 000 km you should look to rotate your tyres to ensure even wear and tear. Balancing and realignment of your tyres help to ensure a smoother, safer drive.
- Clean the air filters – the air filter is an important component, ensuring that dust and dirt from the outside air don’t contaminate your engine. Check to see if your filters are clogged or dirty and change them if required. You may also want to spice up your drive by adding an air freshener.
- Drive better – look at your driving behaviour. Are you often distracted? Do you brake too harshly or needlessly accelerate too quickly? Making subtle changes to your driving behaviour can go a long way to not only ensuring your car and its components last longer but that you are safer on the road as well.
For most, your vehicle is the second biggest financial investment outside of buying a property – so put a little time and effort into your investment and spread the love.