Winter is well underway and falling temperatures have resulted in hibernation deluxe, hot chocolate and waaay to many yummy winter puddings. During these cold months, exercise is not only removed from your list of priorities, but completely bypassing the gym or exercise centre to get into your soft cosy slippers seems like a much better idea. Our inner hermit wants to hunker down & stay under the warm covers with a good book & say…See you in the spring! But doesn’t the air feel so much crisper when we do eventually venture out of our little cocoon? The truth is, we were not meant to hibernate and staying under those warm blankies with woolly socks and choccies for long periods can really affect our energy levels, nevermind our waistlines.
Now here are some ideas to get rid of those winter blues. Why you may ask, why? ….Because there’s just too much to do! Nobody’s got time for couch surfing and feelings of sluggishness! No way Hosay! Let’s have a look at these Winter Warmers that will cheer you right up.
- Try a new hot drink or make a winter pudding you have never tried before
- Get in touch with your creative side. Start knitting, colour, write a letter or poem or go to an art class
- Take a hot bath with candles & scented bath salt
- Put your pj’s in the dryer before putting them on so they’re toasty warm
- Try fake smiling or laughing – smile big, so that the muscles around your eyes all crinkle up. If you can keep it up for 18 seconds, your brain will start producing endorphins – fact!
- Laugh by watching funny shows or movies
- Be brave and go ice-skating…just because you can
- Remember this season is temporary. It will be summer again before you know it
‘Till next time, peeps!